For information about signing up for these events, click on the highlighted date:
- Drafting and Negotiating IP Licenses: An In-Depth Look at Key Provisions, presented by Paul C. Jorgensen, ALI-CLE, January 21, 2015.
- Practical Aspect of Drafting Successful Contracts, presented by Paul C. Jorgensen, Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, February 5, 2015.
- Starting Your Own Law Firm: A Practical Roadmap, presented by Paul C. Jorgensen, Clear Law Institute, February 20, 2015.
- Drafting Licensing Agreements: Tips & Strategies, presented by Paul C. Jorgensen, New York City Bar Association, New York, New York, Feburary 27, 2015.
- Understanding Contracts Better Than Your Lawyer: Key Things That All Bloggers Need to Know, presented by Paul C. Jorgensen, BlogPaws 2015, Nashville, Tennessee, May 28, 2015.
- Drafting Effective IP Licensing Agreements, State Bar of Nevada Intellectual Property Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, November 2014.
- Everyday Legal Issues: A Primer for the Non-Lawyer, CPE Link, October 2014.
- How to Effectively Search for Your Next Job, Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, D.C., August 2014.
- Assessing and Responding to Cybercrime, CPE Link, July 2014.
- Copyright for Bloggers, BlogPaws 2014, Las Vegas, Nevada, May 2014.
- Trends That Are Scaring Attorneys, AICPA CFO Conference, Washington, D.C., May 2014.
- Drafting Successful Contracts, Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, May 2014.
- An Insider's Guide to Starting Your Own Law Firm, Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, D. C., April 2014.
- Drafting Successful Contracts, New York City Bar Association, New York, New York, January, 2014.
Articles and Presentations
We frequently write articles and presentations on topics of interest to our clients. Below are samples of and links to our articles and presentations for your personal use.
- Thompson CompuMark Forum: Technology Agreements That Create Value Click here to see and listen to this presentation.
- Write Better View PDF
- Trademarks and Unfair Competition Law View PDF
We provide the following links to helpful intellectual property and contract law information sites.
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (PTO)
Domain Name Registries Worldwide
U.S. Copyright Office
International Trademark Association (INTA)
Community Trademark: Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM)
World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Uniform Commercial Code
Copyright and Fair Use