For information about these events, click on the highlighted date:
- How to Effectively Search for Your Next Job, presented by Paul C. Jorgensen, Georgetown University Law Center, August 28, 2014.
- Drafting and Negotiating IP Licenses: An In-Depth Look at Key Provisions, presented by Paul C. Jorgensen, ALI-CLE, October 7, 2014.
- Understanding Contracts Better Than Your Lawyer, presented by Paul C. Jorgensen, CPE Link, October 15, 2014.
- Everyday Legal Issues: A Primer for the Non-Lawyer, presented by Paul C. Jorgensen, CPE Link, October 29, 2014.
- Drafting Effective IP Licensing Agreements, presented by Paul C. Jorgensen, State Bar of Nevada Intellectual Property Conference, November 14, 2014.
- Starting Your Own Law Firm: A Practical Roadmap, presented by Paul C. Jorgensen, Clear Law Institute, December 15, 2014.
- Assessing and Responding to Cybercrime, CPE Link, July 2014.
- Copyright for Bloggers, BlogPaws Annual Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, May 2014.
- Trends That Are Scaring Attorneys, AICPA CFO Conference, Washington, D.C., May 2014.
- Drafting Successful Contracts, Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Dubai, UAE, May 2014.
- An Insider's Guide to Starting Your Own Law Firm, Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, D. C., April 2014.
- Drafting Successful Contracts, New York City Bar Association, January, 2014.
- Copyright for Bloggers, BlogPaws 2013, Tysons Corner, Virginia, May 2013.
- Drafting and Negotiating License Agreements, myLawCLE, Orlando, Florida, May 2013.
- Starting Your Own Law Firm: Practical Tips from One Who Dared, myLawCLE, Orlando, Florida, May 2013.
- Sucessful IP Agreements, Dubai Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Dubai, UAE, April 2013.
Articles and Presentations
We frequently write articles and presentations on topics of interest to our clients. Below are samples of and links to our articles and presentations for your personal use.
- Thompson CompuMark Forum: Technology Agreements That Create Value Click here to see and listen to this presentation.
- Write Better View PDF
- Trademarks and Unfair Competition Law View PDF
We provide the following links to helpful intellectual property and contract law information sites.
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (PTO)
Domain Name Registries Worldwide
U.S. Copyright Office
International Trademark Association (INTA)
Community Trademark: Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM)
World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Uniform Commercial Code
Copyright and Fair Use